Global Ties U.S. Overview
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and to advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. A nonprofit partner of the U.S. Department of State, we support a Network of 120+ nonprofit organizations representing all 50 U.S. states and more than 20 countries. As international exchange and public diplomacy professionals, members of the Global Ties Network provide the domestic infrastructure for U.S. public diplomacy efforts, and implement a wide variety of educational, cultural, and professional exchange programs, including the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), our country’s foundational international exchange program.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Global Ties U.S. is committed to attracting more diverse talent and building a team that brings together a range of backgrounds, abilities, and experiences. The Global Ties U.S. internship program is core to our DEIA work. Through the internship program, Global Ties U.S. aims to build equitable, diverse pipelines by expanding access to historically marginalized groups and offering students of all abilities the opportunity to build experience within the international exchange field. We will take steps to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities upon request. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
Internship Program Structure
Global Ties U.S. internships are open to current students at all levels and institutions.
- Interns are expected to commit a minimum of 24 hours per week and take on a significant role within the organization.
- Internships can be either in-person or virtual.
- Interns receive a $3,000 stipend distributed in two payments: half at the mid-point of the internship and half at the end.
- Global Ties U.S. will work with students to arrange academic credit and meet other program requirements, as needed.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Please note: Global Ties U.S. is unable to assist non-U.S. citizens with obtaining visas.
Global Ties U.S. has six internship positions and applications are accepted year-round. Fall 2022 internships are filled. We are now accepting applications for spring and summer 2023.