The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the President and CEO and the Global Ties U.S. team in realizing their mission by providing administrative, managerial, technical, and communications support. They are expected to support the initiatives, policies, processes, and activities that span the breadth of Global Ties U.S. by overseeing the daily operation of the CEO office, including correspondence and external communication; serving as administrative liaison with the Board of Directors; supporting relationship-building initiatives with donors and external partners; and providing various administrative support for the Global Ties U.S. team. In addition, they are expected to maintain current and general awareness of all Global Ties U.S. programs and the larger Global Ties Network. This position is responsible for providing Global Ties U.S. Board Members assistance with travel arrangements, reimbursements, and other items as necessary. The Executive Assistant will provide ongoing meeting support and planning for all type of organizational gatherings. We are seeking someone eager to help Global Ties U.S. grow and achieve its mission; the successful candidate must be ready to step in wherever needed within the team.
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: This position is based in Washington, DC with telework opportunities.
Application Deadline: February 4, 2022
- 1-3 years in progressive administrative experience
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high degree of accuracy. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations with a high degree of cultural sensitivity
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills (including proofreading) in English
- Strong IT skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point required
- B.A. preferred
- Experience with MS Office, MS Excel, Quick Books, Paychex and database software
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of accounts payable and bookkeeping
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties at all levels and manage confidential financial matters
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects to meet required deadlines
- Strong work ethic, multi-tasking skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Client service orientation and diplomatic skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with office staff, Global Ties U.S. members and stakeholders
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Great “can do” attitude” with a desire to innovate and implement.
ALL TEAM MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO
- Commit to team goals and values and support the work of colleagues
- Seek out opportunities to improve and expand the work of Global Ties U.S.
- Seek out opportunities to develop new skills and grow professionally.
- Contribute to an innovative team culture by engaging in behaviors including sharing ideas; being open to the ideas of others; accepting and offering feedback; and supporting and treating your colleagues with respect.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $40K-$50K
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Limited telework available
Application Deadline: February 4, 2022
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.