The Office Manager is primarily responsible for carrying out Global Ties U.S.’ accounts payable operations and various other office functions. These functions include managing the accounts payable system, maintaining vendor files and relations, performing light bookkeeping, onboarding and offboarding new staff and interns, maintaining employee benefit records, maintaining fixed assets records, coordinating IT support through an IT support contractor. The Office Manager will help maintain contact databases, supervising a Salesforce consultant and a consultant working on hotel procurement. This position will work with other staff members to provide planning and logistical support for all type of organizational gatherings. We are seeking someone eager to help Global Ties U.S. grow and achieve its mission; the successful candidate must be ready to step in wherever needed.
Reports to: Director, Finance & Operations
Location: This position is based in Washington, DC with telework opportunities.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in accounting and office operations administration required, including at least two (2) to three (3) years of accounting operations;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required;
- Experience in managing vendor relations;
- Ability to create and manage large databases;
- Experience with payroll, benefits, and onboarding and offboarding;
- Commitment to working within the office the majority of the workweek.
- Two years of relevant work experience (can include coursework and internships), including at least some of the essential functions described above.
ALL TEAM MEMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO
- Commit to team goals and values and support the work of colleagues
- Seek out opportunities to improve and expand the work of Global Ties U.S.
- Seek out opportunities to develop new skills and grow professionally.
- Contribute to an innovative team culture by engaging in behaviors including sharing ideas; being open to the ideas of others; accepting and offering feedback; and supporting and treating your colleagues with respect.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $60K-$75K
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Limited telework available
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.