Global Ties U.S. is seeking a Program Coordinator to be a part of the Programs and Membership Division to support our implementation of in-person and virtual international exchange programs. This individual will provide programmatic and logistical support to the Law Enforcement and Security Exchange Program (LESEP) and to other programs. Key tasks include making travel arrangements such as flights, hotels, and ground transportation, and reviewing and processing invoices. The individual will also be expected to travel with five to eight exchange programs per year (one week at a time). As the position is primarily in support of the LESEP program, the individual will be expected to be sufficiently proficient in Spanish to be able to communicate with participants and stakeholders.
The Programs and Membership Division is responsible for implementing international exchange programs to the benefit of both our clients and the members of the Global Ties Network through training, mentorship, and business opportunities. Within the broader Division, the Exchanges Team implements a portfolio of exchange programs funded by the United States government. Our largest such program is the Law Enforcement and Security Exchange Program (LESEP) for Mexico, which provides training and professional exchange to Mexican law enforcement personnel and others working to advance citizen security in Mexico. The core of the LESEP program is a series of week-long study tours that bring participants from Mexico to the United States to discuss best practices around specific areas such as gender-based violence, narcotics trafficking, and community policing. The program also includes a series of training institutes that will be held in Mexico and webinars.
Reports to: Director, Exchange Programs
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Manage administrative and logistical arrangements for groups of international exchange participants in the United States and in Mexico. Logistical arrangements include international and domestic travel, short-term emergency medical coverage, hotels, ground transportation, and catering,
- Assist the Senior Program Manager with technical aspects of exchange programs.
- Communicate and coordinate with Community-Based Members (CBMs) of the Global Ties Network and other program partners in the development of local programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated interest in international exchange, education, or affairs.
- Ability to interact professionally with international participants, government officials, local sponsors, and private sector representatives.
- Written and oral proficiency in Spanish.
- Experience supporting international exchange programs and interacting with program participants.
- Experience reviewing and processing invoices.
- Must have a valid passport.
- In addition to the above basic requirements, a candidate who has knowledge of Mexican/Latin-American cultures is preferred.
- In addition to the above basic requirements, a candidate who is familiar with contemporary issues in policing and law enforcement is preferred
SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED
- May be required to attend meetings and events outside of the office, and on weekends.
- Travel requirements: 4 – 6 weeks of domestic travel (1 week at a time); 1 – 2 weeks of international travel (to Mexico).
- Some weekend availability may be required on an “on-call” basis to support exchange program participants.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Salary range: $60,000 – $65,000/year
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA and/or HSA
- 403(b) retirement savings plan after one year of service
- Thrive Account Reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc.)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Must be able to work a hybrid work schedule – in the office Wednesday and Thursday each week at minimum. Telework is allowed on the other days.
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.