The Program Manager for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) for the Global Ties Network supports the organization’s Network-wide efforts to promote greater DEIA within their organizations and exchange programming. They also support the Global Ties U.S. Operations & Executive Teams on internal policies and staff development consistent with the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. The manager works closely with a wide range of stakeholders to assess and implement the educational and programming needs to meet the ever-evolving environment of DEIA with public diplomacy and international exchanges. They work with the standing Global Ties Network Working Group to ensure regular, efficient outputs and outcomes to advance DEIA in the international exchange field nationwide. They will bring creativity and innovation to programming models and oversee the implementation and evaluation of member-facing DEIA educational programs.
The position is charged with managing the strategic direction and implementation of the Network DEIA Working Group and managing its deliverables with the Global Ties U.S. team and in partnership with the U.S. Department of State. Specifically, they will oversee plans and evaluations for the regular meetings of the Working Group and its Executive Committee; be the staff point of contact for any outside consultants; develop and implement content for Network meetings, summits, workshops, and other special events and activities designed to increase the capacity of member organizations for meaningful DEIA advancement. They will also work closely with the Senior Program Manager for Training and Community Development to make sure that all planned activities align with the larger schedule for professional education. In addition, they will collaborate with the Executive and Operations team to ensure that Global Ties U.S. is also consistently learning and growing in its ability to lead DEIA efforts within the exchanges community.
We are seeking someone eager to help Global Ties U.S. grow and achieve its mission. The successful candidate must be hands-on and ready to step in wherever needed.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Run all administration of the Global Ties Network DEIA Working Group and keep it on track to deliver meaningful outcomes each year; help to implement DEIA Working Group ideas.
- Support the execution of educational and training events around DEIA at all member events, including the National Meeting, the Diplomacy Begins Here Summits, Learning Labs, and the National Programmers Workshop
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in a DEIA role.
- Experience conceptualizing, planning, implementing, and/or supporting training design and educational opportunities for professionals.
- Experience and training with diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility best practices for organizations and/or programs.
- Experience in developing training opportunities for a wide range of audiences and abilities.
- Must have strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including Excel.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experience directly overseeing, managing, and coordinating events with multiple stakeholders and audiences.
- Experience with learning management platforms and software such as Bridge LMS, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Articulate 360.
- Knowledge of international exchange program implementation, administration, and planning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Global Ties, and U.S. members, stakeholders, and program participants.
- Ability to play a leadership role in developing new partnerships that help strengthen the organization’s events and training offerings.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with proven time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Salary and Benefits
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $75-80K
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc.)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.