The Program Manager for Instructional Design is primarily responsible for concept development, instructional design, and system implementation for online learning and virtual components of Global Ties U.S. exchange programs. This includes all aspects of administration, management, and evaluation of online learning activities, including administering our learning management system (LMS). The position requires an experienced professional who can work independently and manage project activities including recruitment and supervision of subject matter experts, development of content and knowledge assessment tools, managing and monitoring project budgets, and providing support and input to Global Ties U.S. senior staff and U.S. Government partners. The Program Manager’s work will primarily involve content development and deployment for the Law Enforcement and Security Exchange Program, as well as virtual activities for other exchange programs designed for government and private clients.
The position requires a professional with a combination of interpersonal, educational, and programmatic skills, as well as someone who is highly energetic, detail oriented, and has the ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and personalities at a time. It also requires comfort in working with design software, learning management systems, and association management systems. The Program Manager will supervise a Senior Program Associate and assist in supervising a program intern.
Reports to: Director, Exchange Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Functions and Duties
Program Management and Administration
- Develop and implement comprehensive online learning strategies in keeping with funder, program, and organizational goals;
- Manage all aspects of content development, including objective setting, research, writing, editing, and publications;
- Recruit, contract, and manage subject matter experts;
- Convert content captured from live presentation to online formats as appropriate;
- Ensure that adult learning principles and assessment best practices are incorporated into training offerings;
- Oversee integration of our learning management system (Bridge) with our association management system (Salesforce);
- Regularly report on participant enrollment, assessment, and completion results;
- Supervise program associate, contractors, interns, volunteers, and other administrative staff on assigned projects to ensure the timeline planning and implementation of all project logistical and administrative tasks.
Organizational Mission Support
- Convene cross-functional internal community of practice on learning design and development;
- Serve as internal expert on inclusion of online/virtual components of new programs;
- Contribute to business development efforts, including concept development and proposal writing as required;
- Support or take on other management or administrative duties as needed and assigned.
- At least six (6) years of professional experience relevant to this position.
- Strong technical aptitude, including a high level of comfort and familiarity with online education and video technologies (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office (including Excel, Word, and Power Point), and/or other Internet-based or desktop databases and software.
- Experience working with online training programs or international exchange programs, preferably those sponsored and funded by the U.S. Government.
- Staff supervision experience (of individual and teams).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Evidence of experience managing or supervising individuals or teams.
- Experience with law enforcement exchange programs or agencies.
- Experience working in or with projects focused on Mexico.
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- A strategic thinker who has ability to envision growth in program and project activities.
- Knowledge of virtual international exchange program implementation, administration, and planning.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, member organizations, stakeholders, and program participants.
- Strong project execution and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities when multiple demands are present.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated interest in international exchange, education, or affairs.
- Great “can-do” attitude with a desire to innovate, develop, and implement.
Special Responsibilities Required
- May be required to attend meetings and events outside of the office, and on weekends.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $65-$75k
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Limited telework available
Other Important Considerations
- This job will require a criminal background check.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by person(s) assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.