About Global Ties U.S.
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. Through our Network of citizen ambassadors – the country’s most established and largest – we connect nearly 100 communities across the United States to the world through international exchange. Each year, through the flagship International Visitor Leadership Program and other exchange and public diplomacy programs, our local members welcome thousands of international leaders in civil society, government, and the private sector into their communities, building alliances to tackle our toughest transnational challenges and enriching U.S. communities, both socially and economically.
Global Ties U.S. is seeking an experienced Salesforce Administrator to provide strategic guidance and day-to-day management of our Salesforce environment to support core functions including membership, training, fundraising, and communications. The Administrator is responsible for providing day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and user support, as well as recommending and deploying new business processes. Working closely with each team of users (Fundraising, Training & Community Development, Exchanges, External Affairs, and Operations), the Administrator will optimize existing processes; identify and deploy new processes; and build clear use cases and a development strategy for each business need. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, and part Salesforce analyst.
Reports to: Director, Finance & Operations
Application Deadline: October 8, 2021
This is a part-time, contract position with a time estimate of 15 hours per week.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with ~20 users across five functional teams
- Collaborate with system users to establish a strategic roadmap informed by data input, business processes, and organizational needs
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, permission sets, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields, the evaluation, upkeep, and installation of apps and new Salesforce releases, and other routine tasks
- Provide recommendations for system improvements or changes, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage apps, integrations, and customization projects as needed, including serving as project manager and point-of-contact for any integrations or development projects handled by a third-party developer/consultant. Current and planned integrations include Bridge LMS, Cvent, Submittable, Pardot, Apsona, Accounting Subledger, and other tools
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization and lead a small task force of power users from each functional team
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and user guides
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize simultaneous, and sometimes competing, needs and requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation, and ability to train and support users of varied skill levels in group and one-on-one settings
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Ability to evaluate, compare, and recommend options for optimizing and customizing the system
- Strong commitment to data quality and best practices
- 2-5+ years as a Salesforce Administrator or Specialist
- A documented history of successful project completion and growth, preferably in nonprofit or membership settings
- Demonstrated experience with requirements gathering, business process analysis, and solution design
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Experience with grant-funded nonprofit and/or membership organizations strongly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce environments handling fundraising, membership management, program management, and marketing preferred
- Experience implementing NPSP preferred
- Experience with Pardot, Bridge LMS, Apsona, Cvent, Submittable, or similar app integrations preferred
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
Applications are due on or before October 8, 2021. Please submit a resume and cover letter at the link below.