Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. Through our Network of citizen ambassadors, we connect nearly 100 communities across the United States to the world through international exchange. Each year, our local members welcome thousands of international leaders in civil society, government, and the private sector into their communities, building alliances to tackle our toughest transnational challenges and enriching U.S. communities, both socially and economically.
The Senior Program Manager – Exchange Alumni will work with two talented Program Managers who work full-time on the main lines of activity for U.S. Exchange Alumni: Career Connections and the Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund. The position is charged with managing the strategic direction, business planning, and implementation of high-quality, high-impact education and networking events and learning content for both programs. Specifically, they will develop targeted online training content focusing on career development and the impact exchange experiences have on alumni. This position will also work with the Program Manager Career Connections, to implement in-person workshops and events. They will also work closely with the Program Manager, Citizen Diplomacy Action Fund to connect U.S. alumni to small grant opportunities and targeted online learning.
- Supervise the core Exchange Alumni team
- Lead, manage, and continuously improve the development and execution of educational and training events for exchange alumni — virtual, hybrid, and in-person.
- Develop online training content focused on career development
- Work closely with the Strategic Communications and External Affairs team to ensure the branding and amplification of the U.S. Exchange Alumni cohort and the Career Connections opportunities.
Reports to: Team Leader, Training & Community Development
Location:This position is based in Washington, DC. This position is a hybrid role with 2 days in office. One of the required days is Wednesday.
- Five-seven years of professional experience relevant to this position with a minimum of two years as a supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Education, or a related field
- Experience conceptualizing, planning, developing, implementing, and/or supporting career development, training design and educational opportunities for young professionals
- Proactive and self-motivated with experience working across multiple departments and a diverse staff at all levels of a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Experience in developing virtual and in-person training opportunities for a wide range of audiences and abilities
- Experience with learning management platforms and software such as Bridge LMS, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Articulate 360
- Experience directly managing and implementing events and programs
- Experience working within a budget and executing in a cost-effective manner
- Knowledge of international exchange program implementation, administration, and planning
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Global Ties U.S. members, stakeholders, and program participants
- Ability to play a leadership role in developing new partnerships that help strengthen the organization’s events and training offerings.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Salary range: $80 – $85k
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc.)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.