The 2021 National Meeting took place March 22-26, 2021, and brought together our global community of international exchange partners, practitioners, and supporters. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we hosted the 2021 National Meeting online. Moving our in-person meeting to a fully online format presented us with the unique opportunity to spotlight the best of what the virtual event realm has to offer: the ability to reflect and connect with colleagues around the world. This year also marked the 60th anniversary of Global Ties U.S. Thank you all for joining us to celebrate 60 years of innovation, impact, and connecting the world through international exchange…because, Exchange Matters.
Check out content from the plenary sessions below or on our YouTube channel.
More session videos and content is available in the Member Corner of our website (Global Ties Network member login required).
- Read more about our keynote speakers: U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry, and Muhammad Ali Center’s Donald Lassere and Farah Pandith
- Announcement for Saad Abid and Raisa Banfield, recipients of the 2021 IVLP Alumni Decade of Social Innovation and Change Award
- Announcement for Global Ties Network Decade of Impact Leadership Award winners
- Participants of the 2021 cohort of the Emerging Leaders Program
Thank you to the following embassies for hosting a 2021 National Meeting Embassy Session:
- Delegation of the European Union to the United States
- Embassy of the Republic of South Africa
- Embassy of Sweden
- Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
- Capital Communications Group, Inc.
- Chastang & Partners, Inc.
- Al & Sharon Durtka
- Philip Lauinger, Jr.
- Vicente López-Ibor Mayor
- World Affairs Councils of America
- CRDF Global
- The Darcy Hotel
- Development Innovations Group
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Washington DC
- The International Center
- International Institute of Education
- International Institute of Wisconsin
- Sherry Mueller
- Unitas Communications
- The Ven at Embassy Row
- World Affairs Council – Seattle