The Global Ties U.S. 2023 National Meeting took place March 29-31 and brought together our international exchange Network under the theme, (Re)Building Community: Globally & Locally. Programming celebrated the remarkable strength and resiliency of the people and relationships that are at the core of our Global Ties Network and our international exchange missions, and the power of local, national, and global communities in action. Programming provided opportunities for attendees to (re)connect, (re)engage, and (re)discover the power and potential of our exchange and public diplomacy community.
Plenary session recordings are now available. Check out the highlight reel below and access other plenary session recordings on our YouTube playlist.
View event photos on Flickr.
- Read more about keynote speakers including U.S. Department of State Opening Plenary speaker Assistant Secretary of State Lee Satterfield and (Re)Building Community at Home plenary session speaker Michael D. Smith, CEO of AmeriCorps.
- Meet the recipients of the 2023 IVLP Alumni Award for Social Innovation and Change: Anass Hanafi of Italy, and as an honorable mention, Jona Rizvanolli of Albania, both young European leaders who are creating opportunities within their communities to support the advancement and integration of Afghan and Ukrainian refugees, immigrants, and other underserved populations.
- Catch up with the 2023 Citizen Diplomat Award recipients: Justin Powell, Executive Director of the Salt Lake City youth humanitarian organization Youthlinc, and the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, represented by Andrea Bertrand, the Museum’s Programming Manager for International Audiences.
- Learn more about how the recipients of the 2023 Network Innovation Awards are building stronger communities through inclusive and transformative programming.
- Read the Welcome Message from Anna Schneider, Chair of the 2023 National Meeting Planning Committee.
- Get to know the participants of the 2023 cohort of the Emerging Leaders Program.
Global Ties Network Members
Session materials, including recordings from the Adjacent Session Programming, are available on the Member Portal (login required) of the Global Ties U.S. website.
(Re)Building Community Evening Receptions
Thank you to the Embassy of Denmark, Embassy of Finland, International Arts and Arts @Hillyer, and Meridian House for hosting a Wednesday evening reception for 2023 National Meeting attendees.
Thank You #GlobalTies2023 Supporters
- Capital Communications Group, Inc.
- Alexander & Sharon Durtka
- Embassy of Denmark
- Embassy of Finland
- Ambassador Richard LeBaron
- Vicente López-Ibor Mayor
- Meridian International Center
- National Museum of American Diplomacy
- Unitas Communications
- World Affairs Councils of America
- American Councils for International Education
- Churchill Hotel
- Club Quarters Hotels Washington DC
- CRDF Global
- FHI 360
- Sherry Mueller
- Social Driver
- World Learning
- Awards Limousine
- Homewood Suites DC Downtown
- International Strategic Management Inc.
- Lyle Hotel
- Tech Impact
- The International Center
- The Ven at Embassy Row
- World Affairs Council of Seattle
The National Meeting is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and administered by Global Ties U.S.